Run by a local businessman, Jonathan Knocker, The Africa House is an eCommerce site selling fairly traded products from African suppliers.
Jonathan first approached Kariba back in 2012 to redesign and build The Africa House website. Kariba brought some much-needed colour and African flair to the design which really had the ‘wow’ factor! Following this success, Kariba’s relationship continued with ongoing monthly marketing, driving traffic and sales to the website.
Always on the front foot, Kariba then put plans in motion to redesign the site in 2017. The new design aimed to look fresh and friendly, and ultimately give a great user experience. It was built using Magento, an open-source and powerful eCommerce platform, and integrated with Amazon and Google Shopping to take advantage of other main buying platforms available to consumers.
Key targets for the redesign
- Making the design wider to take advantage of the wider screen sizes now used (while of course remaining fully responsive for the ultimate experience on smaller screens).
- Condensing the categories for ease of navigation
- Larger imagery for the user to clearly view the colourful & unusual products
- Use of more ‘lifestyle’ images to set the scene and ‘sell the dream’
- A clean, modern design while retaining key elements of the original African flair